Submission period for Green Talents award is open now
Join a prestigious network of renowned scientists, gain unique access to Germany’s sustainability research elite and promote your innovative ideas. The goal of sustainable development is to find a balance between the need for socio-economic development and the need to preserve the environment, and to thus meet the requirements of present and future generations.
‘Green Talents – International Forum for High Potentials in Sustainable Development’ was called into life in 2009 by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) to promote the international exchange of innovative green ideas from various fields of research. Applicants can come from any scientific field closely related to sustainability research. DLR Project Management Agency has been organising the Green Talents competition since its start in 2009.
Every year, the Ministry honours 25 young researchers with the Green Talents award, under the patronage of Minister Anja Karliczek. Since its inception, the award has recognised 257 young researchers and scientists from 69 different countries for their outstanding achievements and contributions to making their communities, countries and societies more sustainable. The awardees are selected by a jury of renowned German experts and are granted unique access to the country’s sustainability research elite.
The 2020 Green Talents award includes:
• an invitation to the fully funded two-week Science Forum 2020, consisting of
1. visits to leading German sustainability facilities, institutions and companies with exclusive insights into their pioneering research and projects,
2. individual appointments with German experts of the awardee’s choice to discuss possibilities for upcoming joint research and cooperation,
3. networking opportunities at the award ceremony in Berlin with participating Green Talents alumni,
• a fully funded research stay of up to three months at an institution of the awardee’s choice in 2021,
• exclusive access to the prestigious Green Talents alumni network.
For more information please refer to our website www.greentalents.de where both the competition flyer as well as the award trailer are accessible.
Deadline for submission: 19 May 2020, 2 p.m. (CEST).
DLR Project Management Agency
The DLR Project Management Agency specialises in services for the funding of research, innovation and education. As one of Germany’s largest project management agencies, it supports German state and federal ministries in implementing research funding programmes and operates on behalf of the European Commission, foundations and associations.
Ms Dorothee Nussbruch
Project Management Agency / DLR Projektträger
c/o German Aerospace Center (DLR)
European and International Cooperation
Phone: +49 (0) 228 3821 2044