QS Ranking by Subject: University of Hohenheim Again Germany’s Number 1 in Agricultural Science
#1 in Germany, #8 in Europe, and #34 in the world / Agricultural research at the University of Hohenheim takes the top position in Germany in all international rankings
Once again #1 in Germany: According to the QS World University Ranking by Subject published yesterday, the University of Hohenheim in Stuttgart retains its top placement in Agricultural Science. This means the University of Hohenheim is currently the leading German university and one of the best in the world for agricultural research in all renowned research rankings. The results can be viewed at http://bit.ly/2F0LmBL
The renowned World University Ranking by Subject from the British educational institute Quacquarelli Symonds focuses on research strength and looks at factors like academic reputation, publications, and citations of individual publications. Graduates’ reputation with employers is also included.
48 subjects are now part of the ranking, making it “the largest of its kind” according to Quacquarelli Symonds. In the area of Agricultural and Forestry Sciences, 300 universities were ranked this year.
Additional Rankings Confirm Success for Agricultural Research in Hohenheim
The top position in Germany is also confirmed by all other prominent international rankings:
• The prestigious NTU Ranking lists the University as no. 5 in Europe and no. 15 in the world. Each year, the National Taiwan University evaluates all international scientific publications for the globally respected ranking and weights the publications according to scientific productivity, excellence, and influence. The current NTU Ranking was published in October 2017.
• In the analysis by the CWUR World University Rankings, the University of Hohenheim was the only university in Germany to achieve two top ten rankings in the area of agricultural sciences. Both in plant production and horticulture, the Center for World University Rankings (CWUR) ranked the University 7th worldwide. The CWUR published its first evaluation for individual scientific subjects in April 2017.
• The current Best Global Universities Ranking places the University of Hohenheim’s agricultural research including food and nutrition science 1st in Germany, 3rd in Europe, and 9th in the world. The magazine “U.S. News & World Report” bases its subject ranking on an analysis of Thomson Reuters’ Institute for Scientific Information (ISI) on scientific publications and international reputation. It was published in January 2017.
Top Ten Placements for University of Hohenheim Partners
The University of Hohenheim’s partner universities in the network Euroleague for Life Sciences are also among Europe’s top ten: The Universities of Wageningen (Netherlands) and Copenhagen (Denmark) as well as the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences and the University of Natural Resources and Applied Life Sciences in Vienna, Austria (BOKU).
Top Lists for Agricultural Research in Germany, Europe, and the World according to the QS Ranking
1. University of Hohenheim
2. University of Göttingen
3. TU München
Ranking group 51 – 100 (alphabetical): HU Berlin, Universities of Bonn, Kiel, Freiburg
Ranking group 101 – 150 (alphabetical): TU Berlin, University of Halle-Wittenberg
Ranking group 151 – 200 (alphabetical): TU Dresden, University of Hannover
Ranking group 201 – 250 (alphabetical): Universities of Gießen, Regensburg
1. Wageningen University, Netherlands
2. Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Sweden
3. University of Reading, Great Britain
4. Agro, ParisTech, France
5. ETH Zurich – Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Switzerland
6. Norwegian University of Life Sciences, Norway
7. University of Copenhagen, Denmark
8. University of Hohenheim, Germany
9. University of Natural Resources and Applied Life Sciences Vienna, Austria
10. Ghent University, Belgium
1. Wageningen University, Netherlands
2. University of California, Davis, USA
3. Cornell University, USA
4. Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Sweden
5. University of California, Berkeley (UCB), USA
6. University of Reading, GB
7. University of Wisconsin- Madison, USA
8th Michigan State University, USA
9. Purdue University, USA
10. Agro, ParisTech, France
34. University of Hohenheim, Germany
Explanation: Starting with place 50, the QS Ranking does not give exact placements. Instead, it groups the universities into clusters for places 51-100, 101-150, etc. in which the universities are sorted alphabetically.