EU platform for energy-efficient refurbishment technologies and business models
The EU Horizon 2020 project STUNNING (SusTainable bUsiNess models for the deep reNovation of buIldiNGs) is promoting successful and innovative building renovation packages and business models around a virtual and collaborative knowledge sharing platform.
Today’s measured rate of refurbishment is much lower than what should be observed to remain in line with Europe’s 2050 ambitions. There is a need to accelerate the market uptake and large-scale implementation of energy efficient refurbishment solutions and increase the renovation level to 3% per year until 2030. The poor market acceptance of innovative refurbishment solutions is in most cases attributable to the lack of adequate business models. Innovative business models have already been demonstrated, but their replication is very slow: how can this replication be supported?
The EU Horizon 2020 project STUNNING (SusTainable bUsiNess models for the deep reNovation of buIldiNGs) is promoting successful and innovative building renovation packages and business models around a virtual and collaborative knowledge sharing platform: the STUNNING Renovation Hub, so as to accelerate their adoption.
The Renovation Hub, launched in May 2018, builds on the extensive studies carried out by the STUNNING project team:
– Refurbishment packages are benchmarked based on factors such as required building characteristics, cost-benefit indicators, embedded technologies and technology readiness level.
– Results from the analysis of Europe-wide barriers for deep renovation are funneled through recommendations on how to overcome them.
– Promising and replicable renovation business models are mapped, analysed and validated within case studies.
Designed to be collaborative, the Renovation Hub enables stakeholders from the entire value chain to gain and share knowledge through articles on innovative refurbishment packages, replicable business models and case studies on successful implementations. Interested parties can register with the following degrees of participation:
• FOLLOWER – Create your own profile to connect with other stakeholders, gain visibility, get exclusive invitations to workshops and access detailed reports.
• EXPERT – Submit your own articles on innovative refurbishment packages, successful business models and case studies of your practical implementation.
• AMBASSADOR – Get additional exposure by leading the validation of articles and disseminating the Renovation Hub in your own community.
STUNNING is funded by the European Union’s framework programme Horizon 2020 under grant agreement No 768287. It started on October 2017 and is coordinated by DOWEL Management (France) with project partners CSTB (France), RINA Consulting (Italy), Solintel (Spain) and Steinbeis 2i (Germany). Steinbeis 2i is responsible for the campaign management in order to build up a community of stakeholders, for the support of exploitation strategies of partners, for the selection and evaluation of renovation packages in Germany and for the improved visibility of the new business models.
Maëva Pratlong, Steinbeis 2i GmbH
Coordinator: Karine Laffont-Eloire, DOWEL Management