World Health Summit begins on Sunday
Federal President Frank-Walter Steinmeier: „The way out of the pandemic is through fair access to a vaccine for all people – everywhere.”
(Berlin, Oct. 23, 2020)
Covid-19 is the focus of the World Health Summit 2020, which begins on Sunday. Among the high-profile speakers at the three-day global health meeting are Federal President Steinmeier, EU Commission President von der Leyen, UN Secretary-General Guterres and virologist Drosten.
Due to the worsening Covid-19 situation, the World Health Summit 2020 will take place as a purely digital format, all sessions are exclusively online.
„The way out of the pandemic is through fair access to a vaccine for all people – everywhere,“ said Federal President Frank-Walter Steinmeier, opening speaker of the World Health Summit in the forefront of the international meeting.
Further speakers at the opening event on Sunday, 25 October at 6:00 pm CET include EU Commission President Ursula von der Leyen, UN Secretary-General António Guterres and WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus. Further information: https://www.conference.worldhealthsummit.org/Program/Session/WHS2020/KEY-01
The opening session will be available as a livestream: https://www.worldhealthsummit.org
Video and audio can be used on request.
All other 50 sessions will also be broadcast live digitally: The individual Zoom links are available cost-free and without registration on https://www.worldhealthsummit.org or directly in the program: https://www.conference.worldhealthsummit.org/Program/WHS2020.
There you will also find all information on speakers and topics.
During all sessions, questions can be asked via the Zoom Q&A function, video and audio can be used on request.
All sessions are also available here: https://www.youtube.com/user/WorldHealthSummit1
Accreditation for media representatives is not required.
Among the 300 speakers of the World Health Summit (all data in CET):
• Frank-Walter Steinmeier, Federal President, Germany (Oct. 25, 6:00 pm)
• Ursula von der Leyen, President of the European Commission (Oct. 25, 6:00 pm)
• Gerd Müller, Federal Minister for Economic Cooperation and Development, Germany (Oct. 27, 9:00 am & 11:00 am)
• Jens Spahn, Minister of Health, Germany (Oct. 26, 9:00 am & 11:00 am)
• Marta Temido, Minister of Health, Portugal (Oct. 26, 11:00 am)
• Tomaž Gantar, Minister of Health, Slovenia (Oct. 26, 11:00 am)
• António Guterres, Secretary General, United Nations (Oct. 25, 6:00 pm)
• Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, Director-General, World Health Organization WHO (Oct. 25, 6:00 pm, Oct. 26, 9:00 am, Oct. 27, 4:00 pm)
• Michelle Bachelet, High Commissioner for Human Rights, United Nations (Oct. 27, 2:00 pm)
• Christian Drosten, Head, Institute of Virology, Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin, Germany (Oct. 26, 2:00 pm, Oct. 27, 9:00 am)
• Lothar H. Wieler, President, Robert Koch Institute, Germany (Oct. 25, 2:00pm & 4:00pm, Oct. 26, 9:00 am & 11:00 am)
• Winnie Byanyima, Director, UNAIDS (Oct. 25, 4:00 pm & 6:00 pm)
• Andrea Ammon, Director, European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (Oct. 25, 2:00 pm & 4:00 pm, Oct. 27, 11:00 am)
• Nanette Cocero, President for Global Vaccine Development, Pfizer, USA (Oct. 25, 6:00 pm)
• Victor Dzau, President, National Academy of Medicine, USA (Oct. 25, 4:00 pm)
• Jeremy Farrar, Director, Wellcome Trust (Oct. 27, 4:00 pm)
• George F. Gao, Director, Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention (Oct. 25, 2:00 pm, Oct.27, 2:00 pm)
• Paul Hudson, CEO, Sanofi (Oct. 25, 6:00 pm)
• John Nkengasong, Director, Africa Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (Oct. 27, 11:00 am)
• Michael Ryan, Director of Emergency Relief, World Health Organization WHO (Oct. 27, 11:00 am)
• Henrietta Fore, Executive Director, UNICEF (Oct. 27, 4:00 pm)
Central topics of the World Health Summit 2020: latest findings on COVID-19, new global strategies for pandemic prevention and control, the role of Europe and the WHO in global health.
The World Health Summit is one of the world’s most important strategic meetings on global health and brings together leading international scientists, politicians, and representatives from industry and civil society. The forum was founded in 2009 to mark the 300th anniversary of the Charité and is under the patronage of German Chancellor Angela Merkel, French President Emmanuel Macron, European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen and Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, Director-General of the World Health Organization WHO.
Press information: https://www.worldhealthsummit.org/media/presskit
World Health Summit