EU-Commission President von der Leyen, WHO Director-General Tedros, Charité Virologist Drosten at World Health Summit
Global health in focus, press accreditation open
Global strategies for pandemic control and prevention, the role of Germany, Europe and the WHO in global health, vaccine equity, artificial intelligence in health care worldwide- these are the major topics at the World Health Summit 2021 from October 24-26 in Berlin and digital.
This year, the World Health Summit will once again bring together the most important minds in the field of global health. More than 300 speakers and 6,000 participants from around 100 nations, both on-site and online, will discuss the most important issues for global health and set the course for a healthier future. The entire program is available online.
Central Topics 2021:
• Vaccines Equity: A Call to Action
• Pandemic Preparedness: Lessons from COVID-19
• The Intersection of COVID-19 and Mental Health
• The Role of the European Union in Global Health
• WHO Council on the Economics of Health for All
• Unlocking Digital and AI Technologies for Health
More on program: https://www.conference.worldhealthsummit.org/Program/WHS2021
Speakers 2021 (among others):
• Ursula von der Leyen, President of the European Commission
• Jens Spahn, Minister of Health, Germany
• Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, Director-General, World Health Organization (WHO)
• Christian Drosten, Director, Institute of Virology, Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin
• Özlem Türeci, Chief Medical Officer, BioNTech
• Seth Berkley, CEO, Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance
• Agnès Callamard, Secretary General, Amnesty International
• Heyo Kroemer, CEO, Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin
• Jane Halton, Chair of the Board, Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations (CEPI)
• Bernd Montag, CEO, Siemens Healthineers
• Soumya Swaminathan, Chief Scientist, World Health Organization (WHO)
• Lothar H. Wieler, President, Robert Koch Institute
• Inger Ashing, CEO, Save the Children International
• Paul Stoffels, Vice Chair of the Executive Committee & Chief Scientific Officer, Johnson & Johnson
• Jeremy Farrar, Director, Wellcome Trust
• Henrietta H. Fore, Executive Director, UNICEF
• Bill Anderson, CEO, Roche Pharmaceuticals
• Awa Marie Coll-Seck, Minister of State, Ministry of State, Senegal
• Stefan Oelrich, Senior Vice President, Sanofi
• Eckart von Hirschhausen, Physician and Comedian
• John Nkengasong, Director, Africa Centres for Disease Control and Prevention
More speakers: https://www.worldhealthsummit.org/summit/speakers.html
How to join the World Health Summit 2021:
Digital participation in the entire program is free and possible without prior registration. The Zoom links can be accessed directly in the respective sessions: https://www.conference.worldhealthsummit.org/Program/WHS2021.
On-site participation is limited and by invitation only due to COVID-19. Access to the venue will only be granted with proof of EU-vaccination, recovery or negative test. On-site hygiene and distancing rules apply.
The World Health Summit is one of the world’s most important strategic forums for global health and brings together leaders from politics, science, civil society, and the private sector. It was founded in 2009 to mark the 300th anniversary of Charité. In 2021 it is again held under the patronage of German Chancellor Angela Merkel, French President Emmanuel Macron, President of the European Commission Ursula von der Leyen and Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, Director-General of the World Health Organization (WHO). President of the World Health Summit is Axel R. Pries, Dean of Charité Universitätsmedizin Berlin. International President 2021 is Charles Ibingira, Makerere University College of Health Sciences, Uganda.
Accreditation for on-site participation: https://www.worldhealthsummit.org/media/accreditation
The entire World Health Summit is open to the press, but due to COVID-19, places for journalists on site are limited.
End of accreditation: Wednesday, Oct. 20.
Digital participation is possible without accreditation.
World Health Summit
Kosmos, Karl-Marx-Allee 131a, 10243 Berlin, Germany & Digital
LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram: @worldhealthsummit