SAVE THE DATE: GBM Fall Conference 2022 – The Molecular Basis of Life
The biennial international fall conference of the German Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (GBM e.V.) will take place from September 14th to 16th 2022, at Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf. With this congress, GBM will bring together a wide range of researchers from Germany and from across the globe to explore ‘The Molecular Basis of Life’.
The congress will cover the entire spectrum of molecular biosciences with topics on
• Biomolecules and their assemblies: from structure and dynamics to function
• Multiscale biochemistry of membranes and membrane proteins
• Energy for life – principles and diversity of biological energy conversion
• Biophysical chemistry and cell biology of interfaces and functional phase separation
• Computational biophysics and biology
• Imaging molecules of life
• New technologies for molecules in Life Sciences
• Cell biology meets systems and synthetic biology
• Signal transduction and diseases
• Structure-function-relationships regulating signaling events
• Supramolecular chemistry on proteins
As evident from this list of topics, not only protein-protein interactions are in the focus of the congress, but importantly the underlying dynamics that shape the interactions, networks and communication pathways.
The goal of this joint conference is to bring together leading experts, students, young investigators and industry representatives to address recent developments and insights into the molecular basis of life and their consequences in good and bad days.
During the conference prestigious awards, including the Otto Warburg Medal and Lipman Lecture, will be given and special keynote lectures will highlight the main topics of the conference as well as the GBM awards will be announced.
Please save the date and join us in Düsseldorf!
More information is available on the website https://molecular-bais-of-life.org/
Registration and abstract submission is possible via the conference website.
Early registration and abstract submission deadline: June 14th, 2022
List of already confirmed speakers:
• Jörg Bewersdorf, Yale, USA
• Dorothee Dormann, Mainz, Germany
• Christos Gatsogiannis, Münster, Germany
• Johannes Messinger, Uppsala, Sweden
• Edda Klipp, Berlin, Germany
• Tanja Kortemme, San Francisco, USA
• Andrea Musacchio, Dortmund, Germany
• Felix Randow, Cambridge, UK
• Peter Rehling, Göttingen, Germany
Otto Warburg Award:
• Petra Schwille (Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry, München, DE)
Fritz Lipmann Lecture:
• Monika Fuxreiter (University of Padova, Department of Biomedical Sciences, Padua, IT)
Additional researchers will be selected from the submitted abstracts to present their research in 12 long and 38 short lectures during the conference.
With about 5000 members from institutes of higher education, research centers and industry, the German Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (GBM) is the leading body of bioscience experts in Germany. The GBM can look back on a long history reaching back to the nineteenth century. Its work focuses on the molecular biosciences in all its manifestations like biochemistry, molecular biology and molecular medicine.
The GBM hosts scientific meetings and conferences including the annual Mosbacher Kolloquium, the biennial GBM fall conference and the GBM study group conferences. It supports students and the next generation of scientists, confers awards and honors and takes part in trade fairs and conferences.
The international GBM meetings are a platform for sharing information on the latest developments in molecular biosciences with leading experts on the represented sectors.
Dr. Anke Lischeid
Gesellschaft für Biochemie und Molekularbiologie e.V.
Mörfelder Landstr. 125 | D – 60598 Frankfurt/Main |
Tel +49 (0)69 660567-12 | Fax +49 (0)69 660567-22
email@example.com | http://www.gbm-online.de