DNC2022: Biodiversity and the Stewardship for Vital Resources – Programme Online
Under the theme “Biodiversity – Stewardship for Vital Resources”, the fourth Dresden Nexus Conference (DNC2022) from 23 to 25 May is dedicated to one of the most pressing questions worldwide – how can biodiversity be protected and preserved, and how can the many associated challenges be overcome? The United Nations University (UNU-FLORES), the Technische Universität Dresden (TU Dresden), and the Leibniz Institute of Ecological Urban and Regional Development (IOER) invite you to the international online conference. The conference programme is now online. Early bird registration is still possible until 15 April.
Just one day after the International Biodiversity Day on 22 May, the important topic of biodiversity will also be in the foreground at the DNC2022. The protection and conservation of biodiversity is not only a central task for society; it is also linked to a series of other current challenges. For it is not only the interaction in nature, between habitats and species, that is complex. The way we live, do business, and shape our environment also has a major influence on how biodiversity can develop. The Resource Nexus, i.e. integrated perspectives on the management of vital resources, plays an important role, to which the international conference series Dresden Nexus Conference (DNC) is dedicated every two years.
At the DNC2022 happening from 23 to 25 May 2022, around 20 thematic sessions will address a wide variety of relevant Resource Nexus issues under the theme “Biodiversity – Stewardship for Vital Resources”. Questions of climate change, agri-food, and water management will be addressed as well as aspects of urban and regional development, the circular economy, or the economic valuation of biodiversity.
Keynote Speeches by Renowned Experts
The keynote lectures by renowned experts will provide food for thought. They will provide insights into biodiversity research as well as global efforts to conserve and protect biodiversity. The following experts will enrich the DNC2022 programme:
– Elizabeth Maruma Mrema, Executive Secretary, Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD)
– Hien T. Ngo, Expert on Biodiversity and Pollination, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)
– Prof. Tan Puay Yok, Dean’s Chair Associate Professor, Programme Director of the Master in Landscape Architecture and Cluster Leader of the Landscape Studies group, National University of Singapore (NUS), also Director of the Singapore Botanic Gardens, a UNESCO World Heritage site
– Prof. Brigitte Baptiste, Director of the Universidad Ean in Bogotá/Colombia, former director of the Alexander von Humboldt Research Institute of Biological Resources, Colombia,
– Dr Bram Edens, Head of the Natural Capital Accounting and Valuation of Ecosystem Services project, United Nations Statistics Division (UNSD)
Registration for DNC2022 at discounted early bird rates is open until 15 April 2022. Regular registration is open until 6 May 2022.
Detailed information on the programme: http://2022.dresden-nexus-conference.org/programme
Early bird registration until 15 April 2022 at:
About the Dresden Nexus Conference
The Dresden Nexus Conference (DNC) is an international conference series. It focuses on the discussion of current research and real-world cases that contribute to the further development of a nexus perspective in dealing with natural resources. Since its inception in 2015, DNC has been a meeting point for academics, UN agencies, decision- and policymakers from UN Member States, businesses, and civil society from the local to the global levels. DNC aims to bridge the gap between research and practical implementation through the lively exchange of all participants.